These are the things that happened last weekend:
1. I got to leave a city full of rain and arrive in a city full of balmy sunshine and palm trees. (Well, the palm trees aren’t balmy, but you know what I mean.)
2. I got to see my people at VK Live: Pasadena… and have margaritas on the patio….
3. I brought and sold lots of yarn, like these stripers
although I have a few stragglers I’ll load onto my site this weekend.
4. I got to see Franklin’s terrific new knitting coloring book
and sign books with him and Vicky Howell (whose book Wee Garter Stitch has lots of adorable baby patterns knit in, you guessed it, garter stitch).
5. I got to host a trivia contest, meet an amazing knitter, crocheter, singer and songwriter named Siedah Garrett,and give a lecture on self-striping yarn.
6. Did I mention I got to see some of my amazing fiber friends?
including EDIE ECKMAN (star of stage and screen):
7. I got to experience an unplanned eight-hour layover in the Omaha airport, where I dined on fine chicken fingers from Kracky McGee’s…
8. AND (this is a big one!) I helped finalize details for the first-ever Sip Sip Knit Retreat, which will be held in St. Louis, MO in mid-July. Four teachers (Melissa Leapman, Patty Lyons, Brooke Nico and me), a fun sipping and knitting event, BBF yarn to buy, books and DVDs, and an all-around great time.
You can find out all the details, including the very reasonable prices ($195 for four classes, the Friday night event, and a discount on all purchases made that weekend) here. (I’ll be posting more about the retreat soon!)